At Grinfer ( “Grinfer”, “we”, “us” “our”), our mission is to spread knowledge and experience to help others improve their lives and acquire new knowledge. We give anyone an opportunity to create and share educational courses and masterclasses (instructors), provide consulting services (consultants) and enroll in educational courses to learn or take consultations (learners).
Please read carefully and fully the below-written rules. These Terms apply to all your activities on the Grinfer website, and other related services (“Services”).
Acceptance of Terms
- Certain of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Services, including, without limitation, users who are contributors of content, information, and other materials or services, registered or otherwise.
- Arbitration notice and class action waiver: except for certain types of disputes described in the arbitration section below, you agree that disputes between you and Grinfer will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration and you waive your right to participate in a class action lawsuit or class-wide arbitration.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18* years of age. If you are younger than the required age, you may not set up an account, but we encourage you to invite a parent or guardian to open an account and help you enroll in courses that are appropriate for you. If we discover that you have created an account and you are younger than the required age for consent to use online services (for example, 13 in the US), we will terminate your account. You may be requested to verify your identity before you are authorized to submit a course for publication.
If you think that we may have any information from people aged under 18* years old or about him, contact Grinfer, located at: Kamer241, Keizersgracht 241, 1016 EA Amsterdam, The Netherlands or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms of Service are in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to you and the right to access the Services is revoked where these Terms of Service or use of the Services is prohibited or to the extent offering, sale or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. If you are registering with Grinfer on behalf of an entity or a third party, you represent and warrant that you have full authority to bind that entity to these Terms of Service.
Registration and Accounts
You need an account for most activities on our platform, including to purchase and enroll in a course or to submit a course for publication, or offer consultations. When setting up and maintaining your account, you must provide and continue to provide accurate and complete information, including a valid email address. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, and for keeping your Account password secure, including any harm or damage (to us or anyone else) caused by someone using your account without your permission. You must notify us immediately upon learning that someone else may be using your account without your permission (or if you suspect any other breach of security) by contacting our Support Team. If you decide to delete your Account, you must contact our Support Team.
Rules of Conduct
- As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms of Service. You are responsible for all of your activity, and all activity connected to your Account in connection with the Services (including without limitation your communications and collection of data from other users of the Services)
- You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content, including without limitation User Content, on or through the Services that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other rights of any other person or entity, or violates any law, rule, or regulation (whether domestic, foreign, or international) or contractual duty;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; or
- includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
- You shall not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third-party providers’) infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services;
- bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services);
- run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site;
- harvest or scrape any Content from the Services; or
- otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
- You shall not (directly or indirectly):
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction,
- modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services, or
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws, and regulations.
- We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues,
- respond to user support requests, or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users and the public.
Payments, Credits, and Refunds
You can claim a refund within 24 hours after buying your course without contacting our support. No explanations needed unless you are willing to give them. We give you up to 14 calendar days of a possibility to refund your purchase in case:
- Course contents do not match course description
- Course contents are of poor quality
- Course was not fully uploaded
- Please specify others in case there is another reason of a claim for a purchase refund.
Please email our support at email@example.com. with the subject «refund» and in the body of the email please state your reason of the refund.
In case the reason of the refund does not match the three first points mentioned above, it is up to grinfer.com to decide wether to grant you a refund.
Please note it may take up to 5 business days to see funds in your bank account.
Payments, refunds or any payment related features will be unavailable in the Beta version of Grinfer. Therefore, this paragraph is subject to future important changes. We will notify you about changes via email, the website, or any another means of electronic communications.
- Definition. For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Content” also includes all User Content (as defined below).
- Notices and Restrictions. The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us, our partners or our users and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
Grinfer grants you (as a learner) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and view the courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non- commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular courses or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right.
You can only use Grinfer for lawful purposes. You’re responsible for all the content that you post on our platform. We reserve a right to ban your account for repeated or major offenses. If you think someone is infringing your copyright on our platform, let us know.
We generally give a lifetime access license to our students when they enroll in a course, except when we must delete the course because of legal or copyright or any other policy reasons.
- Third-Party Services. You may find links to other websites, services or resources on the Internet. If you choose to access third party resources, you do it at your own risk. We do not contol third party recourses, and are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
How Grinfer and Others May Use User Content
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant Grinfer a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Grinfer may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
While we take pride in our world-class courses, unexpected events do occur. Grinfer reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course or to modify any course content or the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment. Courses offered are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections below.
The content you post as a learner or instructor (including courses) remains yours. We can share your content with anyone through any media (including but not limited to other websites and social media platforms) for any promotional purposes.
The ownership of the content that we have filmed and/or created for any instructor belongs to Grinfer. It is at our sole discretion to remove, add, or edit that video content.
We own the Grinfer platform and Services, including the website, present or future apps and services, and things like our logos, API, code, and content created by Grinfer. You cannot use them without approval from Grinfer.
Our platforms and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing gives you a right to use the Grinfer name or any of the Grinfer trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive Grinfer features.
Warranty and Other Disclaimers
- We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that we have no duty to take any action regarding:
- which users gain access to the Services;
- what Content you access via the Services; or
- how you may interpret or use the Content.
- You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. We make no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, or legality of material or Content contained in or accessed through the Services.
- The services and content are provided “as is”, “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties implied by any course of performance or usage of trade, all of which are expressly disclaimed. We, and our directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content providers do not warrant that: (i) the services will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (ii) any defects or errors will be corrected; (iii) any content or software available at or through the services is free of viruses or other harmful components; or (iv) the results of using the services will meet your requirements. Your use of the services is solely at your own risk. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
We do not guarantee that the services will function without interruption or errors. In particular, the operation of the services may be interrupted due to maintenance, updates, or system or network failures, and such failures may result in errors or data loss. We disclaim all liability for damages caused by any such interruption or errors in functioning, or by the loss of any data or information you provide to us. Furthermore, we disclaim all liability for any malfunctioning, impossibility of access, or poor use conditions of the services due to inappropriate equipment, disturbances related to internet service providers, to the saturation of the internet network, and for any other reason.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that Grinfer and any contributor to the user generated content via Grinfer SHALL NOT BE LIABLE to you for:
- any loss or damage which you may incur, including without limitation as a result of any reliance placed by you on the accuracy, completeness or suitability of the Content, or any changes Grinfer may make to the Websites, Online Mediums and Content, or any temporary interruption or permanent cessation in the provision of the Online Mediums and Content, or, if applicable, your failure to safeguard your account details or passwords.
- to the full extent permitted by law, Grinfer are not liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with your use of or related to the Websites, Online Mediums and Content (including without limitation for loss of or damage to business, revenues, goodwill or data) even if Grinfer had previously been advised of, or reasonably could have foreseen, the possibility of such damages, however they arise, whether in breach of contract, negligence or other tortuous action.
You agree that any cause of action related to the services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
You agree to indemnify and hold Grinfer, officers, shareholders, directors, agents, employees and representative from any claims and demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising from or relating to: (i) your use of and access to the Websites, Online Mediums and Content; (ii) content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available via the Website and Online Mediums; (iii) your violation of these Terms. This indemnification obligation will survive the termination of your Grinfer account or these Terms.
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
Dutch law applies to this website and the disclaimer. All disputes arising from or in connection with this disclaimer will be submitted exclusively to the arbitrated in the Netherlands.
In the event of a Dispute, you or Grinfer must give the other a written statement that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving it, the facts giving rise to the Dispute, and a proposed solution (a "Notice of Dispute"). You must send any Notice of Dispute by Mail to Grinfer at Kamer241, Keizersgracht 241, 1016 EA Amsterdam, The Netherlands and also via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Grinfer will send any Notice of Dispute to you by Mail to your address if Grinfer has it, or otherwise to your e-mail address. You and Grinfer will attempt in good faith to resolve any Dispute through informal negotiation within sixty (60) days from the date the Notice of Dispute is sent. After sixty (60) days, you or Grinfer may commence arbitration.
BY AGREEING TO BINDING ARBITRATION, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO LITIGATE DISPUTES THROUGH A COURT AND TO HAVE A JUDGE OR JURY DECIDE YOUR CASE.
Dispute which has not been resolved by negotiation as provided herein within sixty (60) days or such time period as you and Grifer may otherwise agree, shall be finally resolved by binding arbitration.
Class Action Waiver.
If we can’t resolve our dispute amicably, and Dispute which has not been resolved by negotiation as provided herein within sixty (60) days or such time period as you and Grinfer agree to resolve any claims related to these Terms (or our other legal terms) through final and binding arbitration, regardless of the type of claim or legal theory. If one of us brings a claim in court that should be arbitrated and the other party refuses to arbitrate it, the other party can ask a court to force us both to go to arbitration (compel arbitration). Either of us can also ask a court to halt a court proceeding while an arbitration proceeding is ongoing.
We both agree that we can each only bring claims against the other on an individual basis. This means:
- neither of us can bring a claim as a plaintiff or class member in a class action, consolidated action, or representative action;
- an arbitrator can’t combine multiple people’s claims into a single case (or preside over any consolidated, class, or representative action); and
- an arbitrator’s decision or award in one person’s case can only impact that user, not other users, and can’t be used to decide other users’ disputes. If a court decides that this “No class actions” clause isn’t enforceable or valid, then this “Dispute Resolution” section will be null and void, but the rest of the Terms will still apply.
The parties shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses, unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; rather, the arbitration shall be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, online, by telephone, or via written submissions alone.
Modifications to These Terms
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify Terms of Service, or change or discontinue the Services (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time without liability. We will notify you about updates through the website, via e-mail or by any other means of electronic communication. But you also responsible for checking these Terms of Service periodically for changes.
We also reserve the right to limit access to certain features, services or to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability.
Your continued use of Grinfer and its Services after updates become effective mean that you accept those changes. Any updated Terms supersede all previous Terms.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns, and feedback, drop a line to our Support Team or contact us at the following address: email@example.com.
* Age varies by country or region.