Watercolor Workbook: Paint Flamingo in 6 Different Styles
By Yana Shvets, Watercolor Artist and Teacher
Language: English [CC: English]
This course is for you
Discover 6 styles you can paint watercolor in, and try every one of them on example of a cute pink flamingo. It's a fun and actionable course where you learn theory (foundations of each style) and apply it in practice!
Have never painted in watercolor before? Perfect! This class requires no skills to begin with. Every step will be demonstrated and explained. And I guarantee you will paint awesome flamingos in the end!
Styles we explore in this class:
- realistic (how to achieve realistic result but not overdo it; what tools to use)
- impressionistic (how to let go & paint loose)
- alla-prima (what is it and how it is different from impressionistic style)
- illustration (what makes illustration stand out)
- mixed (how mix different tools in one artwork & keep a natural look of it)
- grisaille (understand the foundations of this style and its role in art)
- Materials overview explains the importance of using right art materials for each style. It makes a huge (!) difference. Wrong choice of a tool will make it harder for you to paint in a chosen style.That's why we dive into preparing materials upfront where I explain what style requires which tools.
- Each lesson is devoted to one style. I explain the features of this style and tricks you can do specifically in watercolor to be able to paint in this style
- Each lesson has a slide in the end with key features of a particular style written down. It will wrap up the theory you've learned in the lesson
- And of course we will paint flamingo in each style ;)
YOU WILL LEARN:
- the difference between realistic, impressionistic, mixed, illustration, alla-prima, grisaille styles.
- main features of each style and what makes it stand out
- specifically watercolor techniques you need to use to create in a particular style (you can't use the same techniques if you paint, for example, in oil)
- color mixing rules
- main watercolor techniques: wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, glazing and more
I hope after finishing this course and actually painting in all those styles you will discover your most favorite style which you will establish you artistic path in.
Are you ready? Let's dive in!
Course overview - 7
Alla Prima style
Reviews | 5.0
This course has no reviews yet. Be the first to comment.Leave a review
Meet your instructor
Yana ShvetsWatercolor Artist and Teacher
I am a professional watercolor artist, full-time traveler and salsa dancer. I travel the world non-stop since 2015, visited more than 20 countries and lived in more than 7 countries. Every country is a source of inspiration for my art and also a great opportunity to organize watercolor workshops around the world. I am constantly learning & improving my level, also regularly take workshops from inspiring artists worldwide. My watercolor style is realistic but I do love experimenting with materials and styles. Style of teaching: Foundations of watercolor is very important. I don't like "play with paints and see what's up" because it leads nowhere. I love to work with people who want to actually understand watercolor as medium and it works, learn the basics, grow and improve the skill. I always provide a strong theory with practical tasks also keeping it easy, slow and fun. I mean, it is still art ;) Apart from online courses I am happy to offer private consulting on watercolor skills. From my experience 3 hours of one-on-one class give much stronger foundation in watercolor than any group-class-course and allows a person to move forward by him/herself. Private classes are tailored exclusively for your level, your needs, wants and expectations. That's why together we can achieve the best result in much shorter time ;) During that time I: - Was group-exhibited in Vietnam - Won international watercolor competition - Teach watercolor group classes and private master classes around the world - Was regularly organizing Art & Coffee events for artists in Chiang Mai, Thailand - Was hosting weekly watercolor workshops in Thailand during a year - Developed and hosted Crash Course (watercolor month-long intensive course) in Thailand - Sell artworks (commercial, private commissions) and prints I am also a founder of YanaTravelArt (personal brand), co-founder of Learn Watercolors Academy (online educational platform for watercolor enthusiasts) and Watercolor Travelers (blog about everything watercolor).