Welcome to a fun and easy yet informative course on how to paint birds in watercolor. Here we will use mixed style which means you will discover a combination of techniques needed to paint in realistic and impressionistic manner AND learn how to unite those 2 styles in a harmonious & balanced way.
In this course you will:
- discover realistic & impressionistic styles
- learn how to mix those styles and get a natural look of your painting
- learn color mixing rules
- apply wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, dry-on-dry, glazing techniques
- discover how to create volumes and make those birds 3-dimensional
- learn to paint realistic fluffy feathers
- use additional tools like salt and pen
- have fun while creating a sunny artwork with birds!
This course is made for students mostly familiar with watercolor basics, but is still good for beginners as I explain every single step I take. So if you love challenges this would be great for you!
Materials you need for this painting:
- cellulose paper, 300gsm, cold pressed (can be hot pressed too)
- any good quality watercolor paints
- few brushes: synthetic round, natural round, small synthetic pointy brush for details
- pencil, tissues, cup of water, white gel pen, salt
For more details on materials and the alternatives please watch the first lesson inside this course.
Together we will paint adorable yellow birds!
Meet your instructor
I am a professional watercolor artist, full-time traveler and salsa dancer. I travel the world non-stop since 2015, visited more than 20 countries and lived in more than 7 countries.
Every country is a source of inspiration for my art and also a great opportunity to organize watercolor workshops around the world. I am constantly learning & improving my level, also regularly take workshops from inspiring artists worldwide.
My watercolor style is realistic but I do love experimenting with materials and styles. Style of teaching: Foundations of watercolor is very important. I don't like "play with paints and see what's up" because it leads nowhere. I love to work with people who want to actually understand watercolor as medium and it works, learn the basics, grow and improve the skill. I always provide a strong theory with practical tasks also keeping it easy, slow and fun. I mean, it is still art ;)
Apart from online courses I am happy to offer private consulting on watercolor skills. From my experience 3 hours of one-on-one class give much stronger foundation in watercolor than any group-class-course and allows a person to move forward by him/herself. Private classes are tailored exclusively for your level, your needs, wants and expectations. That's why together we can achieve the best result in much shorter time ;)
During that time I:
- Was group-exhibited in Vietnam
- Won international watercolor competition
- Teach watercolor group classes and private master classes around the world
- Was regularly organizing Art & Coffee events for artists in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Was hosting weekly watercolor workshops in Thailand during a year
- Developed and hosted Crash Course (watercolor month-long intensive course) in Thailand
- Sell artworks (commercial, private commissions) and prints I am also a founder of YanaTravelArt (personal brand), co-founder of Learn Watercolors Academy (online educational platform for watercolor enthusiasts) and Watercolor Travelers (blog about everything watercolor).