of video/audio content
Watercolor Painting: Cute Birds in Mixed Style
This Course is for You
of reading content
Welcome to a fun and easy yet informative course on how to paint birds in watercolor. Here we will use mixed style which means you will discover a combination of techniques needed to paint in realistic and impressionistic manner AND learn how to unite those 2 styles in a harmonious & balanced way.
In this course you will:
- discover realistic & impressionistic styles
- learn how to mix those styles and get a natural look of your painting
- learn color mixing rules
- apply wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, dry-on-dry, glazing techniques
- discover how to create volumes and make those birds 3-dimensional
- learn to paint realistic fluffy feathers
- use additional tools like salt and pen
- have fun while creating a sunny artwork with birds!
This course is made for students mostly familiar with watercolor basics, but is still good for beginners as I explain every single step I take. So if you love challenges this would be great for you!
Materials you need for this painting:
- cellulose paper, 300gsm, cold pressed (can be hot pressed too)
- any good quality watercolor paints
- few brushes: synthetic round, natural round, small synthetic pointy brush for details
- pencil, tissues, cup of water, white gel pen, salt
For more details on materials and the alternatives please watch the first lesson inside this course.
Together we will paint adorable yellow birds!