Scrum Master Training - A Course to Passing the Professional Scrum Master (PSM1) Exam
By Will Jeffrey, Agile Leadership Trainer
This course is for you
- Clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum underway
Who Should Take This Course
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in product delivery using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members. The course is also suitable for people who just want to learn about Agile, who have heard the words "user stories," "backlog," "retrospectives," "sprints," "scrum master," "product owner," etc. and wondered what it meant. This course is for you if you want to learn about an exciting methodology, you have an open mind and a willingness to learn.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
✔ Why Professional Scrum Master I Certification?
✔ Why Agile? (not included in the PSM1 exam)
✔ The "Agile" Process (Agile vs Waterfall model)
✔ Why Scrum?
✔ What is Scrum?
- Typical Scrum Timeline
- Scrum Theory
- Scrum Values
✔ Scrum Team
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master (+ real-life overview of the role)
- Who Is the Product Manager?
✔ Scrum Events (a real-life example is provided for each event)
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Retrospective
- Sprint Review
- Product Backlog Refinement (not included in the PSM1 exam)
- Slack (not included in the PSM1 exam)
✔ Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Backlog
- Sample PSM Exam
What Are The Teacher Core Skills
- Certified Scrum Master (10+ years running Web, Desktop & Mobile projects )
- Portfolio/PMO Manager (co-ordinating agile teams, managing budgets, and continuous improvement for agile teams)
- Software Developer (10 years+ Experience developing web, desktop, mobile apps)
- Coaching Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Business Analysts in agile and Scrum practices
Professional Scrum™, Professional Scrum Master™, PSM, PSM I, PSM 1, etc. is the protected brand of Scrum org. All the content related to Scrum Guide is taken from scrumguides.org and is under the Attribution ShareAlike license of Creative Commons.
Course overview - 7
Why PSM1? Agile? Scrum?
What is Scrum?
Scrum Master Self-Assessment
Prepare for PSM1 exam.
Meet your instructor
Course by this author
- GET FREEWill JeffreyDealing With Challenges in Agile Distributed Teams20m of contentStarting from $0.00
- GET FREEWill JeffreyDiscover the Scrum Framework ꟷ A guided walk-through of the latest Scrum Guide (November 2020)30m of contentStarting from $0.00