By The Expert Academy, Course Creator
Remote Onboarding For New Hires
You’ve recruited a star candidate for your remote team and want to do everything you can to help them do their best work and contribute to the company’s goals. Don’t leave them with the feeling that you’re surprised they showed up! Having an onboarding program is the most effective way to support new employees as they navigate the remote workplace and seek to learn, build relationships, and contribute at their highest level of performance. It’s also a proven way to grow your company’s profits - no matter the staff size or stage of maturity. This course is designed to delight new employees with an onboarding program that kickstarts engagement, collaboration and high performance. Whether you’ve done remote onboarding before or you’re a complete newbie, our templates and activities will get you up to speed in no time. We’ll help you build on your existing expertise and use your existing resources to create a remote onboarding program that delights new employees and helps them succeed at every level.
What Will You Learn?
Our workplaces have swiftly transitioned into the online space, without us having much knowledge about how to make remote working successful. Onboarding new talent to our remote workplaces is a key skill and practice for HR practitioners, team leaders, and entrepreneurs to be able consistently facilitate engagement, productivity, and high performance. In this course, you will learn how to create a customised remote onboarding program for your organisation, while gaining a strong conceptual foundation of best practices within the remote workplace.
During this course you'll learn about:
- An introduction to onboarding in the remote workplace
- The essential elements of good remote onboarding
- Kickstarting learning for new hires
- Encouraging connections and building relationships at work
- Setting up new employees for productivity and success
- Transitioning from onboarding and& measuring success
By the end of this course you'll know how to:
- Create a comprehensive remote onboarding program for your company
- Empathise with the needs of a new hire joining a remote workplace
- Anticipate and navigate the remote workplace scenarios that impact onboarding success
- Design meaningful and collaborative learning experiences for new hires
- Collaborate with key individuals in the organisation to create and implement the remote onboarding program
- Set performance expectations and goals for new employees using the 30 60 90 day plan
- Create feedback mechanisms to refine your company’s remote onboarding program
Who Is This Course For?
- Anyone who needs to coordinate and manage the onboarding of new employees in the remote workplace.
- You may be an HR manager leading your company's remote onboarding process.
- You might be a team leader in charge of onboarding new employees.
- You might even be an entrepreneur who needs to onboard new hires to your remote workplace.
Course overview - 25
The Scope of Onboarding in a Remote Workplace
Why Onboarding is an Essential Practice in a Remote Workplace
Popular Questions About Remote Onboarding
What New Employees Need When They Join A Remote Workplace
How Remote Working Impacts Onboarding
Best Practices For Successful Remote Onboarding
Getting Started With Your Remote Onboarding Program
Pre-boarding - Remote Onboarding Element #1
Designing Learning Experiences For New Hires
Social Onboarding - Remote Onboarding Element #2
Connecting And Learning From Others
Creating A Collaborative Experience Through Onboarding
First Assignments - Remote Onboarding Element #3
Setting Performance Expectations And Goals
Coaching For High Performance
Ongoing Support - Remote Onboarding Element #4
Measuring Onboarding Success
Creating A Remote Onboarding Action Plan For A New Employee