This is a course for Intermediate level students. But if you are a beginner and love challenges this class will be very interesting for you, no doubts! So please feel free to jump into it ;)
In my Cherry Blossom class you will paint wonderful gentle flowers step by step following my guidance.
The course is recorded live, so you see the whole process without speeding up anything.
Before we start painting together, I will discuss:
- Most important watercolor features: transparency, opacity, density etc. You will learn how to achieve light and dark tones, what is the difference between density and tone, how to create tone that you need.
- Color scheme for this artwork. We will figure out what palette to use to achieve smooth color-transitions and balanced color scheme.
- How to sketch properly so that the pencil doesn't stay on your way when you start to paint in watercolor
When we start painting I will explain every move I make and every color I choose. You can observe the process, see how I do it and ask me questions on the way!
You will learn how to create smooth washes, delicate color intermixes, and gentle flowers. Besides that you will learn how to paint each petal without outlining it. This all will help you create a realistic artwork!
Meet your instructor
I am a professional watercolor artist, full-time traveler and salsa dancer. I travel the world non-stop since 2015, visited more than 20 countries and lived in more than 7 countries.
Every country is a source of inspiration for my art and also a great opportunity to organize watercolor workshops around the world. I am constantly learning & improving my level, also regularly take workshops from inspiring artists worldwide.
My watercolor style is realistic but I do love experimenting with materials and styles. Style of teaching: Foundations of watercolor is very important. I don't like "play with paints and see what's up" because it leads nowhere. I love to work with people who want to actually understand watercolor as medium and it works, learn the basics, grow and improve the skill. I always provide a strong theory with practical tasks also keeping it easy, slow and fun. I mean, it is still art ;)
Apart from online courses I am happy to offer private consulting on watercolor skills. From my experience 3 hours of one-on-one class give much stronger foundation in watercolor than any group-class-course and allows a person to move forward by him/herself. Private classes are tailored exclusively for your level, your needs, wants and expectations. That's why together we can achieve the best result in much shorter time ;)
During that time I:
- Was group-exhibited in Vietnam
- Won international watercolor competition
- Teach watercolor group classes and private master classes around the world
- Was regularly organizing Art & Coffee events for artists in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Was hosting weekly watercolor workshops in Thailand during a year
- Developed and hosted Crash Course (watercolor month-long intensive course) in Thailand
- Sell artworks (commercial, private commissions) and prints I am also a founder of YanaTravelArt (personal brand), co-founder of Learn Watercolors Academy (online educational platform for watercolor enthusiasts) and Watercolor Travelers (blog about everything watercolor).