Paint a Cute Cat in Watercolor Step by Step
By Yana Shvets, Watercolor Artist and Teacher
Language: English [CC: English]
This course is for you
Do you love pets? In this course you will learn basic watercolor techniques while painting a cute cat!
Here you will feel comfortable with each step you make because each step is explained and demonstrated. Here you will know what you will get in the end! It is not a fantasy "do whatever & play" class, it is an actionable course where you will learn actual watercolor techniques and create realistic painting.
This class expects people of Intermediate level to participate, but it is great for all levels since I explain every step I take, demonstrate the process and introduce all basic techniques. No matter your level, you will have all tools needed to paint this adorable ginger cat with me!
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Detailed explanation of all art supplies I've used in this course + useful suggestions and alternatives
- Carefully planed-out preparation for the class
- Demonstration of sketching process
- Explanation of all colors used in the class + Each paint I used is mentioned & written down
- Break down of the color scheme for the painting
- Step by step demonstration of the painting process with explanation of each move. Cat portrait is broken down into blocks: first layers, second layers, eyes/nose/mouth, body, background, details.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to sketch a portrait of a cat on your chosen paper format
- How to prepare the color scheme for your particular artwork
- Rules of color mixing: primary & complementary colors, tones & density
- How to use wet-on-wet technique on cellulose paper
- How to use layering technique
- How to fix mistakes and accidents on time
- How to paint realistic eyes: tones, shadows, highlights
- How to recreate fluffy effect of cat's fur
This class will lead you through the whole process of painting a realistic cat from scratch to a final result in real-time. No speeding up the video, no covering up mistakes - you will see the all of it!
Here you will combine different watercolor techniques: layering, wet-on-wet, dry-on-dry, loose style and great detailing.
Course overview - 9
Sketch a cat
Detailing: eyes, nose, mouth
Making your work stand out
Painting a body
Finalizing this painting
Reviews | 5.0Leave a review
- Mim van WinkleOct 25, 2020
Meet your instructor
Yana ShvetsWatercolor Artist and Teacher
I am a professional watercolor artist, full-time traveler and salsa dancer. I travel the world non-stop since 2015, visited more than 20 countries and lived in more than 7 countries. Every country is a source of inspiration for my art and also a great opportunity to organize watercolor workshops around the world. I am constantly learning & improving my level, also regularly take workshops from inspiring artists worldwide. My watercolor style is realistic but I do love experimenting with materials and styles. Style of teaching: Foundations of watercolor is very important. I don't like "play with paints and see what's up" because it leads nowhere. I love to work with people who want to actually understand watercolor as medium and it works, learn the basics, grow and improve the skill. I always provide a strong theory with practical tasks also keeping it easy, slow and fun. I mean, it is still art ;) Apart from online courses I am happy to offer private consulting on watercolor skills. From my experience 3 hours of one-on-one class give much stronger foundation in watercolor than any group-class-course and allows a person to move forward by him/herself. Private classes are tailored exclusively for your level, your needs, wants and expectations. That's why together we can achieve the best result in much shorter time ;) During that time I: - Was group-exhibited in Vietnam - Won international watercolor competition - Teach watercolor group classes and private master classes around the world - Was regularly organizing Art & Coffee events for artists in Chiang Mai, Thailand - Was hosting weekly watercolor workshops in Thailand during a year - Developed and hosted Crash Course (watercolor month-long intensive course) in Thailand - Sell artworks (commercial, private commissions) and prints I am also a founder of YanaTravelArt (personal brand), co-founder of Learn Watercolors Academy (online educational platform for watercolor enthusiasts) and Watercolor Travelers (blog about everything watercolor).
Course by this author
- Yana ShvetsWatercolor Workbook: Paint Flamingo in 6 Different Styles1h 20m of contentSubscribe from $7.99