By Bogdan Vaida, Experiential Trainer
Linux - The Productive Programmer's Best Friend
Our mission is to save Linux users from their unproductive habits.
And in this online course, you will learn:
• What’s one of the best terminals to use (just a hint: you need that split screen
• How clipboard managers memorize the things you copy, so you don’t have to.
• How to use the greatest/biggest/most intelligent :)) console editor since
humankind appeared. Yes, it’s Vim. And we’ll dive deep into its usefulness.
• Zsh and it’s awesome oh-my-zsh framework featuring over two hundred plugins
for developers and productivity seekers.
• Extensive lessons on terminal commands: how to find and replace text, parts of
text, tiny bits of text ... or even non-text.
• How to use pipes and subshells to create customized commands that automate
day to day tasks.
• And much much more.
All of this, plus:
• The repository where you have all our scripts.
• And an eBook containing not only all the examples mentioned but our very
words and explanations (yes, including all the bad grammar you may notice
through the lessons).
Jokes aside, this course is for all the programmers that are new to the Linux
But who are we?
Petru: the infamous coder with many years of Linux experience. He types like
crazy, loves doughnuts and has Linux wired in his brain! After discovering Linux
and switching through a different distribution every week, annoying his girlfriend
with tons of geeky stuff, now he annoys everybody with geek talks and the latest
news in the tech world.
He spends his time coding frontends... backends... databases... Linux servers
Bogdan: the deserter! He went through more than 20 Linux and Unix distributions
including Plan 9, HP-UX and all of the BSDs. But after his girlfriend left him
because he spent way too much time in front of the computer he... switched to
Now he spends his time teaching over ten thousand students in his 8 online
And we are here to help you double your terminal productivity!
If you don’t know how to use sed, if you’re not that used to pipeing commands, if
you use the default terminal and if you are still using BASH then this course is for
Join us now and double your terminal productivity!
Course overview - 29
Introduction to the course
Terminator: the ultimate terminal
Guake - not Quake!
ClipIt: copy-paste at its finest
Pre chapter: Vim
Oh-my-zsh: Your terminal never felt this good before!
Basic regular expressions
Pipes and subshells: your shell’s salt and pepper
Shell scripting for fun and profit
Shell scripting libraries
Plugin steroids for vim
Vim password manager
Extra: fast configuration restore
Sed: one-liner productivity treasure
You can run, but you can’t hide… from “find”
Tmux: Virtual consoles, background jobs, and the likes
Network: Who’s listening?
Autoenv: Set a lasting, project-based habitat
Don’t rm the trash
On the spot web server
Shrinking spells and other ImageMagick
Go with the Git flow
Merge Git conflicts with ease
From localhost to instant DNS
JSON jamming in the new age
No more mister nice guy
Learners who have already enrolled in this course
Meet your instructor
Course by this author
- Bogdan VaidaThe Secrets of Time2h 55m of content
- Bogdan VaidaThe Secrets of Habits45m of content
- Bogdan VaidaActive Reviewing3h 55m of content