By Kemal Uluata, Mechanical Engineer
8D Problem Solving Method (Eight Diciplines)Problem Solving in 8 Steps ! - with real examples
What you will learn
- How to establish a problem solving team
- How to define a problem
- How to chose urgent or containment actions to safe cutomer
- How to make a root cause analysis including cause-and-effect diagram and 5 why analysis
- How to plan and confirm corrective actions
- How to plan preventive actions in order to avoid recurrence of the problem
What is 8d Problem Solving Method ? Global 8D (G8D) is a process developed by Ford Motor Company to help product development and manufacturing engineers identify and solve problems. Solving problems results in efficient, resolution to "root causes" of customer satisfaction issues. What will you learn ? - The methods and tools used to complete each step in the Global 8D problem-solving process, including steps to define the problem, verify the root cause and escape point, and prevent occurrence. - Plan corrective and preventive actions. - RCA (Root cause analysis methods). - Cause&Effect Diagram. - 5 Why Analysis. - Different examples are being explained with different formats.
- There in no specific reuqirement. To be willing to learn is enough.
Course overview - 23
* Content of lecture
A. What is 8d problem solving ?
B. Why do we apply 8d problem solving ?
C. When do we apply 8d problem solving ?
D0: Prepare and plan for the 8D
D1: Form a team
D2: Describe the problem
D3: Interim containment action
D4: Root cause analysis
D5: Plan permanent corrective action
D6: Implement permanent corrective action
D7: Prevent recurrence
D8: Closure and celebrate the team
Example 1 _ Part 1/3
Example 1 _ Part 2/3
Example 1 _ Part 3/3
Example 2 _ Part 1/3
Example 2 _ Part 2/3
Example 2 _ Part 3/3
Example 4 _ Part 1/3
Example 4 _ Part 2/3
Example 4 _ Part 3/3